Please be sure to read Can I Zip before making a reservation.
Arrive 30 minutes before your tour time! Signing waivers, stepping on the scales, and gearing up takes a while. Tour times cannot be held for late arrivals.
Required Dress You will be wearing lots of gear and you do not want it to rub on bare skin. It is your responsibility to be properly attired. You will not be allowed to zip if you fail to dress appropriately, and you will not receive a refund. You may zip only if the following requirements are met:
- No open-toed or open-backed shoes or heels allowed. This means no flip-flops, sandals, crocs, etc. Do not wear “toed” shoes (the ones with separate slots for each of your toes, also called “five-fingered shoes”).
- A dress can only be worn if pants or shorts are worn underneath.
- T-shirts must not have inappropriate logos or sayings.
- Long hair should be worn in a ponytail.
- Eyeglasses straps are suggested, but not required.
- We recommend shorts be at least mid-thigh, and tops be sleeved for comfort.
But can I . . . ?
- Fanny packs and lightweight backpacks are OK, but not recommended. Keep in mind that they are hot, cumbersome, and make for a tight fit in close quarters. Water will be provided along the course.
- You may bring a camera as long as it is on a wrist or neck strap.
- If carrying a wallet, keys, or anything else that you are particularly fond of and don’t want to lose, make sure your pockets are deep or can be securely closed (zippered, velcroed, or buttoned). Items lost to the forest floor or depths of the lake will likely never be seen again.
- Sorry, pets can’t zip.
Waivers must be signed by all participants, even minors. Minors must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver.
If it appears that a participant is under the influence of any substance that will prohibit their successful completion of the course, they will not be allowed to zip and no refund will be issued.
Tours will run, rain or shine. Unless you are called and informed of a cancellation on our part, assume the tour is a go. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to confirm a tour. No refund will be given for a missed tour or because of inclement weather. Tour times may be delayed if a system pops up and is expected to pass through quickly, but they will run!