Screaming Eagle at the Ark Encounter is a Screaming Eagle outdoor adventure course located at the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, Kentucky. We offer several activities, all overseen by our trained staff and held to our high standards of safety.
Never visited us before? Here’s a simple breakdown of our process. First, Screaming Eagle at the Ark Encounter offers a variety of activities including:
Once you’ve chosen your activity, be sure each participant meets the activity’s requirements. For everyone’s safety we must set age, weight, and health limitations which vary between activities. We will verify participant requirements are met on the day of their tour, and we do not offer refunds to participants who do not qualify for their activity.
If everyone qualifies, the next step is to book your tour online, by phone, or in person. Each day we have a set number of activities assigned to certain times. As much as we’d like everyone to participate at their convenience, we must schedule tours this way to keep things running smoothly. In order to secure an activity and time that works for you, we highly recommend booking your tour as soon as able, this gives you the most options and gives us the most flexibility to schedule your group. We also recommend you familiarize yourself with our policies on weather and cancellations to avoid any unwanted surprises.
Once you’re registered, each participant will need to sign a waiver. This can be done online through your order confirmation, or in person on the day of your tour. That’s it! Read on for what to prepare for on the day of your tour.
Day of Tour
Please be sure to read our policies and requirements before making a reservation.
Arrive 30 minutes before your tour time! Signing waivers, stepping on the scales, and gearing up takes a while. Tour times cannot be held for late arrivals.
Waivers must be signed by all participants, even minors. Minors must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver.
Required Dress You will be wearing lots of gear and you do not want it to rub on bare skin. It is your responsibility to be properly attired. You will not be allowed to zip if you fail to dress appropriately, and you will not receive a refund. You may zip only if the following requirements are met:
- No open-toed or open-backed shoes or heels allowed. This means no flip-flops, sandals, crocs, etc. Do not wear “toed” shoes (the ones with separate slots for each of your toes, also called “five-fingered shoes”).
- A dress can only be worn if pants or shorts are worn underneath.
- T-shirts must not have inappropriate logos or sayings.
- Long hair should be worn in a ponytail.
- Eyeglasses straps are suggested, but not required.
- We recommend shorts be at least mid-thigh, and tops be sleeved for comfort.
But can I . . . ?
- Fanny packs and lightweight backpacks are OK, but not recommended. Keep in mind that they are hot, cumbersome, and make for a tight fit in close quarters. Water will be provided along the course.
- You may bring a camera as long as it is on a wrist or neck strap. Keep in mind however that pictures will be provided free of charge. Learn more here.
- If carrying a wallet, keys, or anything else that you are particularly fond of and don’t want to lose, make sure your pockets are deep or can be securely closed (zippered, velcroed, or buttoned). Items lost to the forest floor or depths of the lake will likely never be seen again.
- Sorry, pets can’t zip.
If it appears that a participant is under the influence of any substance that will prohibit their successful completion of the course, they will not be allowed to zip and no refund will be issued. See our Right of Refusal for details.
Tours will run, rain or shine. Unless you are called and informed of a cancellation on our part, assume the tour is a go. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to confirm a tour. No refund will be given for a missed tour or because of inclement weather. Tour times may be delayed if a system pops up and is expected to pass through quickly, but they will run! See our Weather Policy for details.